GliderVet Newsletter  |  Sugar Glider Vet Newsletters 2014

GliderVet #148

Special Edition – Legalize Gliders in PA Now!

Hey guys,

I’m going to make this newsletter short and sweet, because with the time it would take to read a regular newsletter, you can take action NOW to help legalize sugar gliders in PA. Just look at the picture of their state flag. They’re animals all over it!

So take a minute, literally and follow these simple instructions as put together by a sincere and concerned citizen. This person has worked hard gathering support for this and is even visiting legislators with her truly Arnold-esque sugar glider pal (yup, she has a show-off of her own). As part of the sugar glider community, we want to help her. She asked to remain anonymous, and with our help, we’ll publicly congratulate her if we can garner enough support and influence to make this happen and she can relax knowing that her rights to be owned by sugar gliders is an inalienable right, supported by our Constitution. We should ALL have the right to have sugar gliders run up our bare arms! Because baring arms is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment!

She had no idea that sugar gliders were illegal in her state when she got hers, and this happens to a lot more people than you may realize. Because of the unscrupulous practices of some breeders and brokers who intentionally fail to inform customers of the illegal status, should those families be penalized? Or should they be allowed to keep important and furry members of their family? Please be part of this!

You don’t need to live in Pennsylvania to help make a point. I sent in my emails. Will you do the same? I don’t know about you, but I think Pennsylvanians deserve to be owned by sugar gliders just like any other American does. OK, California is still on the illegal list, but with Massachusetts recently changing laws, and Georgia changing laws in recent years, if we can help push Pennsylvania along, then that would really help to get things changed in California as well. BE American and exercise your right to influence the lawmakers! I hope you don’t mind, but in the following instructions, I’ve added my email to the distribution list because I would love to know how many of you actually respond. And with enough response, and positive results, I may just send you a very special gift for sharing one moment of your time to make a difference.
So here are the instructions.

Cut and paste these email address into the “To” section of your email service:

ralloway@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; pvance@pasen.gov; evogel@pasen.gov; rvulakovich@pasen.gov; hughes@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasen.gov; farnese@pasen.gov; schwank@pasen.gov; tsolobay@pasen.gov; washington@pasen.gov; wozniak@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasen.gov;lisa@sugar-gliders.com

• In the subject line, copy and paste the following:
Attention Appropriations Committee: Support SB521

• In the body of the message, copy and paste the following (OR WRITE YOUR OWN MESSAGE):
Dear Appropriation Committee Members,

I am writing to ask you to support Senate Bill 521. This bill is currently in the Appropriations committee. For the past five years, it has been working its way through various committees and has been approved by the House of Representatives unanimously.

The purpose of this bill is to end the issuance of general exotic wildlife possession permits to ban the future possession of certain exotic wildlife and to amend section 2961 of title 34 (game) by redefining “exotic wildlife”, including sugar gliders, hedgehogs and alpacas and “exotic wildlife dealer”.
This is an important bill for the exotic wildlife community.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Put your name here.

That’s it. That’s all you need to do to help out in changing laws. And stay tuned for a regularly scheduled newsletter soon! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Til next time in good health to you and your sugar gliders!

GliderVet Newsletter Your resource for safety first,
expert advice on our sugar glider friends!

Current GliderVet Newsletter:

GliderVet Newsletter Archives:

2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001